Yields: 7 (1/2 cup) servings
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Prep Time: 10 min
- 1 pound(s) frozen strawberries
- 1 cup(s) 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Strawberries, for garnish
1. In food processor with knife blade attached, pulse 1 cup strawberries until finely chopped. Transfer chopped berries to large metal bowl.
2. In food processor, puree yogurt, sugar, vanilla, and remaining strawberries until smooth. Transfer to bowl with strawberries; stir until well combined.
3. Cover and freeze about 1 hour, until firm but not hard. Garnish with strawberries.
You can substitute plain low-fat yogurt for the Greek yogurt. When testing this recipe, we found both worked well, but we preferred Greek yogurt's creamier texture. We also tested this in three different freezers and found that the freezing time varied depending on freezer make and model. Begin checking your ice cream at 1 hour, and continue freezing if you prefer a firmer texture.