1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
Peach Upside Down Cake
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 medium ripe Georgia peaches, peeled, pitted & sliced
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup light sour cream, set out for 30 minutes
2/3 cup Non-fat plain Greek yogurt, divided set out for 30 minutes
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups (150 grams) unbleached, all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (90 grams) whole wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 13″ x 9″ baking dish with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together peach slices, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread peach mixture onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter, 2 tbsp. Greek yogurt and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Turn mixer to low and add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add sour cream, remaining yogurt and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Dollop the batter over the peaches and carefully even out with a spatula. Try not to stir up the peaches.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Run a knife around the outside of the cake to loosen.
- Place a large plate or cutting board on top of the baking dish. Make sure the plate is large enough to hold the cake. Turn the cake upside down. If the cake does not automatically fall onto the plate, lift one corner and very gently push with a knife. My cake released as soon as I lifted up a corner of the cake.
For 12 servings – 233 calories, 6 grams fat, 41 grams carbs, 3 grams fiber, 6 grams protein
For 15 servings – 186 calories, 5 grams fat, 33 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 5 grams protein
as seen on and copied from facebook :)