Tastes like Hash Brown Casserole without all the calories and carbs
1 medium spaghetti squash
2 tablespoons butter
1 small yellow onion, cut in half and very thinly sliced
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more if you like it spicy
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
½ cup sour cream
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Place in a covered dish with a ¼ inch of water and microwave for 10 -12 minutes.
- In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, add the butter, onions, red pepper and thyme and cook until the onions are slightly brown in color.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash and transfer to a small bowl.
- Combine the squash, onions, sour cream and half the cheese together and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a buttered baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Place into a 375º for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown on top.
as seen on and copied from facebook :)