The perfect mid-afternoon snack with a glass of water and a money saver!
Total Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup natural-style peanut butter or 1 cup low-fat peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/4-1 1/2 cups of whey protein powder (I use vanilla, but I'm sure chocolate would work too)
2 cups dry uncooked oatmeal (not quick cooking kind)
1. Combine PB, honey and milk in a pot.
2. Warm over low heat.
3. Add the protein powder and mix well.
4. Add the oats.
5. You don't want to cook it, just warm it through so you can stir it.
6. Add more milk if it is too thick to stir.
7. Press in a 9" x 13" pan.
8. Let the bars sit until cool, and cut into 16 equal sized bars.
9. Wrap each bar in foil or Saran wrap and store in plastic baggies.
10. They do not need refrigeration.
Variations: Add more honey if want it sweeter. Can also add sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins, cinnamon, blanched peanuts ---> Make it your own!
Nutritional Facts: Calories 140.3 Total Fat 8.8 g Sodium 7.9 mg Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g Dietary Fiber 1.9 g Protein 5.6 g
as seen on and copied from facebook :)