Mini Chicken Pot Pies Made w/ Bisquick
- Thai Chicken Mixture:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Baking Mixture: 1/2 cup milk; 2 eggs; 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- Garnishes: 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium, if desired); 1/2 cup salted cocktail peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in 10″ nonstick skillet.
- Cook chicken about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cilantro, green onions, lime juice and red curry paste. Stir occasionally. Cool for 5 minutes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Whisk ingredients for baking mixture in a bowl until well combined.
- Spoon a tbsp of the baking mixture in each muffin cup. Pour 1/4 cup chicken mixture over baking mixture and top with a tbsp of baking mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes into baking open oven carefully and sprinkle the top of each muffin with 1/2 tbsp peanuts.
- Close and continue baking.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Loosen sides from the muffin pan with knife.
- Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with slices of green onion.
Submitted by: Stacy Jenkins