Sour Cream-Chocolate Chip Cake
3 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut up
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9 1/2- or 10-inch tube pan with fixed bottom and 3 3/4-inch-high sides with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper; spray paper.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until blended.
3. In large bowl, beat eggs and sugar at medium speed 2 minutes or until thick, fluffy and lightened in color. Beat in oil and vanilla at low speed until blended. Beat in flour mixture just until blended. Beat in sour cream until blended. Stir in 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips. Spoon batter into pan.
4. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. (If toothpick penetrates chocolate chip, success another spot.)
5. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Invert cake onto wire rack; remove parchment. Leave bottom-side up for glazing; cool completely.
6. Meanwhile, heat cream, butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until butter melts and mixture is hot. Remove from heat; add bittersweet chocolate chips. Let stand 1 minute. Stir until chocolate melts and glaze is smooth. Let stand at room temperature until slightly thickened.
7. With small spatula, spread glaze over top and sides of cake. Let stand 30 minutes or until glaze is set. Press 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips onto sides of cake. (Cake can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover and store at room temperature.)
PER SERVING: 630 calories, 36.5 g total fat (14.5 g saturated fat), 6 g protein, 78 g carbohydrate, 65 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 3 g fiber